1. What work do you do?
2. Why did you choose to do that type of work (or that job)?
3. Do you like your job?
4. Is it very interesting?
5. (Possibly) Do you miss being a student?
Your Studies/ study efficiency
1. What subject(s) are you studying?
2. Why did you choose to study that subject?
3. Do you like your subject? (Why? / Why not?)
4. Is it very interesting?
5. Do you prefer to study in the mornings or in the afternoons?
6. Why do some people find it difficult to focus in the morning?
7. What do you do to improve your learning efficiency?
Daily routine (New)
1. What are you usually doing at this time? Do you do the same thing(s) every day?
2. What do you usually do after you get up (or, in the morning)?
3. What part of the day do you like best? (Why?)
4. What part of your daily routine makes you the happiest?
5. What part of the day are you most efficient?)
6. Is your life now the same as it was before?
7. What is the difference between your routine now and your teenager time?
8. If you could make one change to your daily routine, what would it be?
9. If you had more free time, what would you do?
10. Do you like to plan what you will do each day? (Why?/Why not?)
11. Do you usually do the same things at the same time each day?
12. How do you plan (organize) your study time?
13. Do you ever (or, do you often) change these plans?
14. Can you think of any improvements to your daily routine?
15. Tell me something about your daily routine. school/university?
16. In a typical day, what do you do in the classroom?
17. (If you do not work) For you, what's the best time of day for studying?
18. (If you work) For you, what's the best time of day (or, day of the week) for working?
19. What time do you usually get up?
1. What’s (the name of) your hometown?
2. Is that a big city or a small place?
3. How long have you been living there?
4. Do you like your hometown?
5. What do you like (most) about your hometown?
6. Is there anything you dislike about it?
7. Do you think you will continue living there for a long time?
1.What is your major?
I major in Business Administration. And I find business is a fascinating
world to explore. I am studying hard and hopefully one day I’ll become a
2.Do you like your major and why?
Yes, of course. I like my major primarily because I am very much into
computer science. Since young I’ve always been fascinated by the stories of
future technology, robots and super-computers. Secondly, IT is a huge market
with wide profit margins. It has created a new generation of billionaires. It is
promising major that is bound to bring me a good career in the future. That is
precisely why I like my major.
Not really. Actually I didn’t choose this major for myself. My parents chose
it for me. In addition, I find all the subjects I have to study for this major
very boring. I don’t think I can learn much from them.
3.What subject do you find most useful?
There is a wide range of courses I study. Some are compulsory while others
are optional. The two major compulsory courses are College English, including
intensive reading, extensive reading, speaking etc., and College Math, including
calculus, probability and statistics and so on. In addition, I also have chosen
to study Art History and Psychology, which can all enrich my understanding of
human mind itself and the great works of human mind.
4.What is your favorite course/subject?
My favorite course/subject is XXX, because, number one, it is very
interesting. Number two, it is not very difficult to study. Number three, it is
also very useful.
5.What is the most useful subject/course?
I think English is most useful subject. Because today communication plays
such an important role is people’s lives, especially when the world is becoming
a global village, where English is the primary spoken language. And thus good
training in spoken English gives a person a competitive edge and more
opportunities than those who can’t speak it. It is really a hard question.
Though I don’t think all subjects are useful, yet I do think most of them can be
useful in different ways and in different times of life. Nonetheless, I think
communication skills are essential for one’s social and academic life; since
English has become the lingua franca in global communication, I would say
English, as far as I’m concerned, is the most useful subject.
1.Well, I think it really depends.
不管是第一部分还是第三部分，考官的很多问题都很宽泛，不是一两句话能说得清楚的，所以大家可以用这样的句子开头，给自己一些思考的时间，也给自己的回答留下一些空间。比如，考官问：how often do you go to the cinema? 你可以说：well, I think it really depends. 考官问：who do you spend you weekends with? 你是不是也可以说：well, I think it really depends. 如果考官问：where do you usually go shopping? How many hours do you spend on TV everyday? At what time do you listen to music? 你不是都可以说：well, it really depends.
2.I don’t have a strong opinion about this. 或者
Well, I haven’t though about that before, but I think… 又或者
It’s really hard to say, but I guess …
考试的第三部分有很多问题都是非常抽象的，甚至你又一种无从回答的感觉，所以有一些很符合语言习惯的套话很重要。比如考官问你：do you think the newspaper or magazines will disappear in the future? 你可以做思考状，说：well, it’s really hard to say, but I guess. 如果他又问你：can you tell me the differences between the leisure activities nowadays and the leisure activities 20 years ago? 你是不是可以说：well，I don’t have a strong opinion about this, but I think … 当然，如果问你的是预测未来的话题，比如 what will the traffic be like in the future, say 20 years later? 你当然可以说：well, I haven’t thought about that before, but I think… 总之，这几句很万能，大家要牢记。
3.I’m really fond of …
I’m really into…
I have a great passion for …
大家在回答考官do you like … 这一类题型问题的时候，脱口而出的句子是I like it very much. 是不是觉得这样的句子有点太普通，太没感觉啦。所以，大家可以换一换，当然不需要太复杂，因为毕竟是口语表达，所以你可以说：I’m really fond of …或者I’m really into…, “really”一定要有，因为really这样的副词能很好的表达你的语气，提升语感，没发现老外动不动就是absolutely, definitely吗？如果你真的很喜欢某个事物，那你把I like it very much的那个very much念得再重也没用，你可以说wow, I have a great passion for that. 这样是不是好一点呢？所以，大家在表达喜好的时候这几个句子可以常用。
4.I guess this is probably because …
当你想说原因的时候，是不是发现because已经用了这么多遍？是不是发现this is due to又太书面化？还有the reason why也不够口语？I guess this is probably because …就是最佳选择。如果你常听英语交流，你会发现probably这个词是老外最爱使用的口头语，你在口语表达时多用一些会让语感好不少。当然，这些表示原因的表达要换着用才最好，能显示你语言的多样化。